Mitsubishi Motors pays special attention to keeping secure any personal information collected from you when visiting our Internet sites. Personal information collected by Mitsubishi Motors during your visits to our Internet sites is only collected, used, disclosed and/or disposed of by us in a manner consistent with the Privacy Act 1993 and other laws of New Zealand or the relevant laws of the countries in which the individual Internet sites are maintained, where that Internet site is maintained outside New Zealand. The Mitsubishi Motors web sites may include, however, links to third party Internet sites which are not covered by this privacy statement.
Collection and processing of personal information
The following terms and conditions apply to comments published on the Mitsubishi Motors New Zealand (MMNZ) website whether published in full or moderated by MMNZ:
1. MMNZ reserves the right, at its own discretion, to refuse publication, remove or edit any comment submitted to MMNZ for publication.
2. You will indemnify MMNZ against any liabilities that may arise from your comments, including but not limited to:
(a) work that you do not hold the copyright;
(b) comments that could reasonably be expected to be defamatory of any person; and
(c) comments which you ought reasonably to have known or suspected to be false, misleading or deceptive.
3. You grant MMNZ a right to republish any comment you submit on the MMNZ website.
4. All data collected on this site is compliant with NZ privacy laws and does not fall under privacy laws of external nations or unions.
Use and disclosure of personal information and purpose specification
Mitsubishi Motors including our employees, retailers and agencies are the recipient of the information you provide. We will only use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, most commonly technical administration of the Internet sites, or where you have provided additional personal information, for the purpose of customer fulfilment, product surveys and marketing. Mitsubishi Motors will not use your personal information for any purpose other than that for which it was collected unless permitted by you or by law, and any personal information collected from you will only be kept for as long as necessary for that purpose.
Access to customer data via NZTA Motor Vehicle Register
Your name and address may be obtained from the motor vehicle register. We Mitsubishi Motors NZ Ltd are authorised as a member of the MIA to access this under the conditions of gazette notice 2023-au3015. We have been authorised to obtain and use this for the following purposes:
- To provide registered persons with service campaigns for software updates to vehicle’s safety assist and autonomous systems and for upgrades to engine management systems for improvement environmental performance.
- To verify registered person details for warranty purposes.
- To provide registered persons with details of any extensions or possible extensions to existing warranty periods.
Any person can notify the Registrar that they do not wish to have their name and address made available under an authorisation by visiting the NZTA Waka Kotahi website here: https://transact.nzta.govt.nz/transactions/personalinfoaccess/entry
Access to information
Upon request, Mitsubishi Motors will provide you with access to your personal information held by us. If any of that information is incorrect, we will correct that information at your request. Please contact us on 0800 54 53 52 or at the postal address below to access your currently held information:
Mitsubishi Motors New Zealand Limited
Todd Park, Heriot Drive
Private Bag 50924