At your assistance
Mitsubishi Roadside Assist
In the event of a breakdown or lock-out, Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist team will provide assistance. To access this service anytime, please call (toll free) 0800 806 661.
What we cover
If your vehicle cannot be jump started and needs a replacement battery, a new one will be provided and installed. Note: Replacement batteries are provided at the owner's expense.
Lost or locked keys
If you’re locked out or you’ve lost your keys, we'll help you get access to the vehicle if possible, or we'll provide transport to the nearest Mitsubishi dealership or place of repair.
We’ll fit your spare wheel fitted free of charge and refer you to the nearest reliable repairer or supplier.
Out of fuel
We’ll deliver 5 litres of petrol or diesel to you, free of charge.
Minor mechanical or electrical breakdown
If the problem causing immobility is a minor mechanical or electrical breakdown, we’ll attempt an emergency repair at the roadside to get you moving.
If the problem can’t be fixed at the roadside, we’ll arrange for your vehicle to be transported to the nearest Mitsubishi dealer or place of storage. Any additional towing and storage over that is the responsibility of the owner.
If your vehicle is immobilised due to mechanical defect and needs transporting to the nearest Mitsubishi dealer, we’ll provide a taxi ride to the value of $50 incl. GST to help you on your journey. Any amount over this figure is the owner’s responsibility.
If you break down more than 100km from home due to a warrantable defect and the repair will take longer than 24 hours, we’ll arrange a rental vehicle for up to three days, to a maximum of $300 incl. GST so you can continue travelling. This option cannot be used in conjunction with the accommodation option.
As an alternative to the rental vehicle option, you can choose 3 night’s accommodation to a value of $350 incl. GST if you break down more than 100km from home due to a warrantable defect and the repair will take longer than 24 hours. This excludes meals and personal expenses and cannot be used in conjunction with the rental vehicle option.
If you break down more than 100km from home due to a warrantable defect and the repair will exceed 24 hours, your vehicle will be transported to the nearest Mitsubishi dealer or approved repairer. When it’s fixed, we’ll get the vehicle to your nearest servicing dealer, home address or convenient location, whichever is closer.
Accident, theft, vandalism and collision
In the unfortunate event of a collision, we’ll provide assistance and advice. We’ll arrange towing and transportation services if your car is immobilised or unsafe to drive. All towing or transportation services as the result of a collision will be the owner’s responsibility.
We’ll refer you to the nearest approved windscreen repair service. The cost of windscreen repair is the owner’s responsibility.
Relaying messages to family, friends or work
If you have a breakdown or a collision, we’ll relay urgent messages to friends, family or business associates free of charge.
If a breakdown or collision delays you, we can co-ordinate and rebook pre-planned travel arrangements, or make alternative arrangements as directed free of charge.
We can offer verbal legal advice on all matters concerning traffic and motor vehicle legislation, as well as the use and ownership of a motor vehicle. This free service is available all day, every day.
Emergency personal assistance
If your credit cards, cheques passport or drivers licence are lost or stolen, we can provide free advice to help you.
Medical referral and advice
If you’re away from home and you need medical assistance, our medical team will give you the appropriate advice and refer you to the nearest medical centre for treatment. Medical fees are the owner’s responsibility.
Everyone gets a little lost now and then. We’ll provide free instructions to help you reach your destination and advise you of any delays via message.
We can provide free technical advice about operating your vehicle, instrument warning indicators, or technical and mechanical information.
We've got you covered
Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist is dedicated to supporting Mitsubishi drivers. We provide this comprehensive range of services at no charge.
AA to your rescueNo one deals with breakdowns better than the AA. That’s why we’ve partnered with them to get you on your way faster. Every new Mitsubishi has 5 years/ 130,000km Roadside Assist and the superior service that comes with it.
The programme with big benefitsYour new Mitsubishi now comes with AA Smartfuel Discounts, free eye exams, discounted insurance and more. Your Mitsubishi Motors Benefit membership is free for the first 12 months, heavily discounted after that and gives you access to great offers from AA and their partners.
The AA Roadservice AppThe quickest way to holler for help. You can book a roadside call out, check their progress and send messages to the Service Officer while you wait. To set up the app, just choose either Android or Apple and have your membership number ready.
How can the AA Roadservice app help me?
Use the app to book a roadside breakdown call out without delay. You’ll see the status of the callout update as it’s assigned to a Service Officer. You can also send comments to the Service Officer about your situation as you wait for them to arrive.
What’s my Mitsubishi Motors Benefits number?
On the front of your card you’ll see a 16-digit number, which is your membership number. This number unlocks all the benefits for you and helps you set up the app.
What do I do once I’ve requested a call out?
When your request a call out through the app, all standard Mitsubishi Motors membership requirements apply. You’ll also need to be with your vehicle and present your membership card to the Service Officer when they arrive.
What is Mitsubishi’s Diamond Advantage Roadside Assist?
Every new Mitsubishi vehicle will receive complementary Roadside Assist for the first 3 years from registration. Your Roadside Assist will:
- Cover you anywhere in NZ for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Provide emergency assistance for mechanical and non-mechanical failure, or towing if required.
To access this service please call (toll free) 0800 54 53 52
How long am I covered by Mitsubishi’s Diamond Advantage Roadside Assist?
Mitsubishi Diamond Advantage Roadside Assist is offered as a complimentary service on Mitsubishi new vehicles for a period of 3 years from the date of first registration.
Your initial Roadside Assist will then be extended* a further 2 years from date of the 3 year revalidation check provided you have met the terms and conditions of the Diamond Advantage Warranty for that vehicle when performed at an authorised Mitsubishi Dealer.
Can I extend my Mitsubishi’s Diamond Advantage Roadside Assist?
You will continue to receive complimentary Roadside Assist whilst your vehicle is being serviced by a Mitsubishi authorised dealer for a maximum of up to 5 years.
Please contact 0800 54 53 52 for further information.
Who do I call if I require Roadside Assist?
To access this service please call (toll free) 0800 54 53 52.
What do I do if my vehicle is involved in an accident?
Contact your insurance provider and any applicable emergency services if required (Fire, Police & Ambulance call 111) and call 0800 54 53 52 to contact Roadside Assist.
Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist is provided through a qualified third party supplier.
Such providers are independent representatives of Mitsubishi Motors company.
The client/driver renting the vehicle must hold a current (valid) drivers licence and meet the terms, conditions and requirements of the rental car company. Insurance, any traffic violations, damage to the vehicle, additional kilometre charges and petrol are the clients responsibility. Mitsubishi Motors is not responsible for
any fault or failure with the rental car, this being the responsibility of the rental car company.
Mitsubishi Roadside Assist does not apply in these cases:
- Vehicles used for hire or reward
- Vehicles used in motor racing, rallies, speed or duration testing or any practice thereof
- Vehicles modified from standard manufacturing specification
- Vehicles not displaying current WOF and vehicle registration certificate
- Vehicles left unattended
- Claims arising from the loss or damage to the contents of the vehicle
- Claims arising from damage caused through forceful entry in an attempt to recover locked keys where the owner/drive has been fully briefed on the situation by Mitsubishi Motors
- Roadside Assist staff or the provider in attendance and the owner/driver has subsequently agreed to indemnify Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist, against damage caused during entry
- Claims arising from a recurring electrical or mechanical limit resulting from improper maintenance or servicing where a known fault or repair has been neglected
- Situations where the vehicle is disabled by floods, snow affected roads, or it is not accessible due to other adverse conditions
- Vehicles bogged in off-road conditions and not easily accessible by normal 2WD recovery vehicles
- Vehicles being located off public road conditions and not easily accessible by normal 2WD recovery vehicles
- Vehicles exceeding 3.0 tones in laden weight
- Events as a result of an accident or misuse of the vehicle. All associated costs are the responsibility of the driver
- Costs relating to parts, labour and any associated costs of the repair of the Mitsubishi vehicle under the assistance program, including replacement batteries and/or tires, shall be at the driver/owners expense.
- If at the time of breakdown the vehicle was towing a caravan, boat or trailer this vehicle will be towed or transported to the nearest Mitsubishi dealer or place of safety. Towing or storage costs will be the responsibility of the owner.
- Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist will endeavour to provide the services described to the best of their ability. Acts beyond the control of Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist (including but not limited to adverse weather conditions, industrial disputes, strikes, geographic inaccessibility, the absence and/or availability of suppliers).