Subject to the full Warranty Terms, your new Outlander Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle warranty comprises a 3 year or 100,00km¹Manufacturer’s Warranty. The Li-ion Drive Battery is covered by an 8 year or 160,000km¹ Warranty².
Plus you also are eligible to receive 5 years' or 100,000km¹ of extended warranty and Roadside Assist.
5 year/100,000km Manufacturer’s Warranty is available to:
- Available to the original purchaser for a total of 5 years from first registration or a maximum of 100,000km1
- Any part of your Mitsubishi Motors vehicle that becomes defective.3
- Any surface of the vehicle perforated by corrosion as a result of faulty workmanship or materials used in its manufacture. 3
- After 3 years, your warranty will not cover the 12 Volt battery, audio, tyres, air conditioning compressor, air-conditioning system maintenance and all accessories fitted at the time of purchase.
Your warranty will be honoured by any authorised Mitsubishi Motors dealer in New Zealand and your vehicle will be repaired or replaced without charge.
A better kind of warranty
The technology's new, but it's designed to perform consistently. Should you need it, the warranty will provide total peace of mind.
8 year/160,000km Battery Warranty is available to:
- The original purchaser for a total of 8 years from first registration or a maximum of 160,000km (whichever comes first), subject to the conditions set out in the Warranty Terms.
The 8 year/160,000km Li-ion Battery Warranty covers:
- Components found inside the li-ion drive battery case only.
- This warranty does not apply to any other components or items contained within the vehicle and excludes any external harness or air conditioning components that are external to the drive battery case that lead to an internal connection within the drive battery case.
The First Three Years
In the 3 years from first registration/100,000km your authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer will repair or replace without charge:
- Any part of your Mitsubishi Motors vehicle that becomes defective; or
- Any surface of the vehicle perforated by corrosion; as a result of faulty workmanship or materials used in its manufacture.
Your 3 year transferrable warranty:
- Is effective for 3 years from the date of first registration, or until the vehicle has travelled 100,000km, whichever occurs first.
- Can be transferred to another owner in the first 3 years from the date of first registration. The subsequent owner will have the benefit of the warranty for a maximum of 3 years from the date of first registration or 100,000km (whichever occurs first). The transferred warranty will not cover paint, panel and trim.
- Will be honoured by any authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer in New Zealand.
- Is in addition to all rights conferred by law.
A free vehicle inspection at your Mitsubishi Motors dealer to validate your warranty must be carried out between 33 months - 36 months from the date of first registration, if not, your warranty will end after 36 months.
- Whichever comes first,
- Subject to and in accordance with the terms and conditions set out within the Warranty Terms.
Your Mitsubishi Motors Dealer will be liable under warranty only if:
- Your vehicle is maintained and operated in accordance with your Service Plan Booklet and the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Your vehicle is not misused or neglected.
- All maintenance and repairs to your vehicle are performed by an authorised Mitsubishi Motors service outlet.
- You notify an authorised Mitsubishi Motors service outlet of the manufacturing defect as soon as you become aware of it and within the warranty period.
- After becoming aware of a manufacturing defect, you take your vehicle to an authorised Mitsubishi Motors service outlet for repair as soon as possible.
You only use fuels, lubricants, fluids and parts which are approved by Mitsubishi Motors New Zealand Limited.
Your warranty is void if:
- The odometer in the vehicle has been tampered with or disconnected.
- The vehicle has previously been deregistered.
- Your vehicle is taken out of New Zealand.
Your warranty does not cover:
- Maintenance services listed in your vehicle's Service Plan Booklet.
- Normal service items (such as, but not limited to: lubricants, filters, brake linings and pads, bulbs, spark plugs, glow s, injectors, wheel alignments and wheel balancing) unless a manufacturing defect is evident.
- Repairs or replacements necessary as a result of wear and tear such as but not limited to clutches, drive belts, exhaust silencers, tyres, carpets, alloy wheel finishes or seat covers, unless a manufacturing defect is evident.
- Indirect or consequential losses or expenses such as loss of use, damage to property or person or expenses for tolls, travel, hire and accommodation.
- Accessories not part of the vehicle at the time of manufacture.
- Damage caused by accident, collision, fire, flood, chemicals, industrial fall-out, hail, salt, sand, stones, or environmental elements.
Except where the purchaser has acquired the vehicle for the purposes of a "business" as defined in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, nothing in this statement shall affect the rights of the purchaser under the Consumers Guarantees Act 1993. The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply where the purchaser has acquired the vehicle for business purposes.